A watched pot

It certainly didn't boil ...

Last Sunday - having a morning in the house by myself (Mr W was at a bike race). I decided to dye some handspun that I had left over.

True to form, the watched pot didn't boil. It seemed so close for so long. But I got sick of waiting, and started weaving in the ends of dishcloths. When I turn around again, I find the pot of dye boiling away, and dispersing small pink droplets around the kitchen (I think I've cleaned most of it up now).

In went the skeins. I tried out different stirring/lifting devices. I like the tongs. The pasta server tends to give tangles. And 30 minutes later, out they came again. Unfortunately the skeins got a bit tangled up, and untied in a couple of places (I think it was the pasta server). Looking at the mess of yarn sitting in the sun to dry, I was dreading the whole detangling and winding up process. But it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.



And this is what I have to show for my efforts.


Comments

  1. Oooh, it looks good! Well done! Dyeing is so fun - but it's hard to find time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour! What are you going to make with it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts