A Winter Jacket

After knitting our little one his Star Jumper, I decided to knit him something to wear, that was made to fit him - rather than something for him to grow into. He always seems to have pant legs rolled up, and baggy tops, so that his clothes will fit him a whole season.

Well, it was time for a change, and here's what he ended up with.


He's a pretty willing model. I suggested he put his new jacket on, and mummy would take some photos, and he was really keen.

He even put on his 'jacket hat' for a bit.





But not when we played on our walk.



Project specs:
Yarn: Patons Washed Haze (cotton/acrylic) - on special for $15 for a pack of 10 balls, I used 8
Needles: 5.5mm (I think)
Pattern: Robin Hood Cardigan, by Zoe Mellor, in Adorable Knits for Tiny Tots
Mods: The original pattern was written for a heavier yarn (I think). But when I swatched I was just about spot on with the stitch count. Which worked out well, as the pattern was based on measured length, rather than row counts. The hood was joined with a 3 needle bind off, rather than seamed and (as yet) I haven't added a tassel.

Comments

  1. The jacket looks fabulous and what a bargain, $15 for washed haze. You cant beat that. He looks super cute in it too, perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful and really suits him. I haven't looked in here for a while and had a remembered image of a baby in a pram. Big update needed for my brain, he's grown so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos! It looks like he adores his new jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cardigan is lovely, but your son is completely adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts