Finish Line

Nearly a week late in posting, but I truly did finish my two Ravelympic projects on time!


Project #1: Glacier Ribbon Scarf
Lots of pictures thanks to Joe's good work with the camera!





Yarn: FlameTree Yarns silk single (Cystal Pool colourway) courtesy of Knitabulous
Pattern: Lace Ribbon Scarf
Needles: 4mm knitpicks options
Mods: A bit shorter than the pattern stipulates. Using a slightly heavier yarn means it's a little wider too.


I like that I can wear it scrunched up around my neck


Or opened out over my shoulders
This yarn has to be cuddled to be believed ... sooooo soft and (would you believe) silky!



Project #2 Pomotamus
These will be going to a good home.



Pattern: Pomotamus
Yarn: Patonyle (old style) in cream
Needles: 2.75 mm dpns ( a mix of grey and anodized green that I picked up from an op shop - sweet!)
Mods: Took inspiration from Princess Pea and used a rib cast on. The toes are totally different. With 48 sts remaining shifted to a decrease every row. Then grafted when there were 20 sts remaining (or something like that). I'm not a fan of pointy toed socks.



I love the stitch pattern. It's like there are 2 or three layers of knitting lurking in there.

Comments

  1. Nice scarf/shawl very versatile, and the socks are pretty, I haven't done that pattern, but one day I might with some sock stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks look gorgeous in cream! And I love the shawl that you made, what a beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts