One down, one to go

I decided earlier this year to knit a lace scarf for my mum, and my mother in law. I think it's safe to talk about it ... I'm pretty sure they don't read this.

Well I've finished the first scarf. I really love it. I'm always amazed how much of a difference blocking can make. Here it is hanging on a wardrobe door (as scarves do).



And here's the detail of the pattern - taken when I had it blocking.



Details ...
Yarn: 2 ply hand dyed (colourway Iris) bought on eBay - sorry can't remember seller
Needles: 3.5mm knitpicks options
Pattern: The lace pattern was taken from Ogee Lace Skirt, Interweave Knits Summer 07.
I cast on and worked the charted lace until I ran out of yarn (I had a 7cm tail at the end).


"So what about the other one??" Be patient, and read on. Here's what I've done so far.



The yarn was bought when I was in New Zealand, Artisan NZ Merino Lace Weight. Green is my mum's favourite colour, so an obvious choice. The pattern I chose is meant to resemble a fern, and has been adapted from Jo Sharps Lace Panel Sweater in Issue 2 of knit. This yarn is lighter than the other, and can be tricky to knit with in a car on a bumpy road (like on the way to work). I started it last Sunday, so should be able to have it blocked and wrapped in plenty of time .... providing I don't get distracted!



Now what could possibly distract me?????

Less than $6 at the local book fair. Hurrah!

Comments

Popular Posts