Melrose by Itch to Stitch

I've found my new favourite dress. Itch to Stitch* has released the Melrose Dress and Top.



I'm always on the lookout for a dress that's easy to wear. Something I can slip on easily, without making sure I have just the right underwear. Something I can wear with fancy heels, or sandals or comfy trainers. Something I can feel comfortable in, and lets me get on with a busy day. Surely that's not too much to ask.



Well, I think the Melrose Dress fits the bill nicely.



The boxy bodice blouses nicely with the help of elastic in the waist. This version is in a lightweight poplin, so has a bit of body to it. I have some rayon put aside for the next version, with a little more drape.

It's easy to take on and off - no buttons or zippers to fiddle with.



As usual, I blended a couple of sizes for a dress that fits my body. The pattern has cup sizes for the bodice (hooray). And there are great instructions in the pattern on how to blend from one size to another. (I went one size bigger in the hips)


Did I mention it has pockets????



This is my "How cool are pockets" face.


The neckline is bound (with a bias strip), and there are cuffs on the dolman sleeves.


I can't wait to make more dresses and a heap of tops with this pattern. I  loved the bodice so much, it was hard adding the skirt. (but I'm glad I did).




You can grab your own copy of the pattern from the Itch to Stitch Pattern Store.



Comments

  1. Looks great on you and I love your fabric! I just bought my copy of the pattern; have wanted a pattern for that design for years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts