I'm still not sure why anyone would ever want to call their knitwear design 'Rusted Root'. Even if you discount the Aussie slang it's not exactly inspiring.
Nevertheless, I saw the pattern, figured it would work perfectly with the 8 balls of 'Dashing' I'd picked up from Spotlight (at just $2 a ball!), and cast on.
That was all some time ago now. The knitting was even finished weeks ago (maybe more than a month). All that was left was the pesky business of weaving in ends and blocking. Making the most of last Saturday's lovely weather, I tore myself away from the Pretty as a Peacock shawl*, and spend some quality time with the laundry tub, woolwash, and my pilates mat. It didn't finish drying on Saturday, and Sunday heralded the start of 5 rainy days. So finally, this morning, I braved the cooler weather, and convinced the wonderful Joe to take some shots.
I knitted this based on my pre-pregnancy measurements, so it's feeling a little tight at the moment. My aim is to have it as an incentive to loose some baby fat come summer.
Pattern: Rusted Root from Zephyr Style
Knitted in Spotlight Basics Dashing (worsted weight apparently)
Needles: 4 mm knitpicks options
Mods: Maybe a bit longer than stipulated in the pattern. After discovering how to make increases that 'lean' different directions, I made sure I used them for the sleeve 'seams'.
I think I might use this pattern as the basis for another top. If I did, I might add a bit more puff to the sleeves, maybe give myself a bit more bust room, and change the decreases at the end of the bust so that they match.
And now (for those who've requested it), a pic of the 'bump'. It's not huge, but I'm making the most of that.
*Yes, I've been picking it up when I feel like I can concentrate - here's a link to the knit a long blog