Holidays are good for ...

going for bike rides. According to my lovely husband - who's been enjoying the time available to try and regain some fitness a baby (then toddler) pinched from him.

As for me ... the extra time at home, and sunny weather has meant more time for knitting, for blogging, and for blocking.



This lovely shawl(ette) has been waiting at least 6 months to be blocked. Since I finished it, I have actually knitted another (in black) for a friend's wedding (worn by one of her bridesmaids).


The pattern is interesting enough to be knitted twice. I charted an extra pattern repeat and changes to the edging for the second shawl - to add some length (and warmth for an August wedding).

Pattern: Japanese Feather and Fan by IzzyKnits (Rav Link)
Yarn: Jaggerspun Zephyr Wool-Silk 2/18
Needles: 3.5mm (I think)
No mods, written as per the pattern.

Here it is again, modelled by some of our new outdoor furniture - I'm not dressed appropriately for showing off shawls, and wanted photos tonight.


Hopefully a beary friend for the bunny should be finished by this time tomorrow. I like holidays.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts