Bubbla Shorts

I must confess that since I started sewing clothes for my daughter, I've been trying to replicate the cuffed shorts and tights look. I love it on little girls. So when the Eli Monster shared a photo of the latest bubble shorts pattern - Bubbla Shorts - I was keen to give them a go.


This pair are in a pinwale corduroy that's been lurking in my stash for quite a few years now.



There was plenty of room around her legs, so for the next pair, I sized down in the cuffs, keeping the larger size for the rise and waistband.  The pattern gives instructions on how to mash patterns together like this.



 This material is a vintage sheet I have been slowly working my way through. I wasn't sure she'd like them, as she wasn't too keen on something else I'd made in that fabric. But something's changes, cause she's definitely a fan now.



With the softer, drapier (is that an actual word?) fabric, and the smaller cuffs, the shorts are a better fit, without too much bubble.  She's definitely a fan, although I may have to monitor her styling with these, it could easily get to be a bit too much.



The pattern is quick to make - about an hour's sew if you manage to get some uninterrupted sewing time. There are options for a quick and dirty cuff (still perfectly functional and lovely), or a more traditional method if you want to take you time.

The pattern size range is HUGE (something I'm a big fan of) - from Newborn to size 12.  So I can see these being a summer and winter staple. It's on sale until Monday 20 June at The Eli Monster

Comments

  1. love your version - that fabric is PERFECT!! I think it looks nice with the legs taken in a bit, I will have to try that the next time I make this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! I love that shorts with leggings style for little girls. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts