Is there an excuse?

For the lapse in blogging ... Not really, no.

I wanted to post about a really cute hat I knitted for our little llama ... a three cornered tam from EZ's Knitters Almanac. But I can't find it anywhere, and have no photos.

I could have posted about how I've finished the Estonian Lace Garden shawl. But it's still not blocked (the blocking foam is now under the play pen).

I could have posted about the garter stitch baby kimono I've knitted up, and plan on dying with onion skins ... but I knitted a stitch at the beginning of a row (instead of slipping it), and I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it - there's a bump that sticks out of the edge, between the two button holes.

But the weather's getting colder, so I bit the bullet this morning, pulled out a needle, and sewed the buttons on Llama's new jumper.



He decided that while not happy to sit on the lounge, roll around the play pen, or try and take a nap, he would gladly be plonked in the middle of the floor, and watch me wind a slumped bendigo ball into a yarn cake. And then my brain woke up, and I thought ... "I can take a photo of him in his new jumper!"

So here he is again.


And here he is playing with Elijah (the elephant). I'm not sure what's going on with this child, but he has a taste for knitted items ... jumpers, toys, blankets, shawls ... if he sees a knit or a purl stitch it's headed straight for his mouth.



I'm nearly 1/2 way another red baby cardigan, and need to seam and knit the neckband on blue cardigan .... I'm trying to build up a stash of baby items, there are 12 coming between now and Christmas. And I want to finish Joe's jumper, and knit myself a cardigan too! So better quit blogging, and pick those needles back up, while llama's still napping.

Comments

  1. The jumper and Elijah are cute, but your son's cheesy grin is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute photos Kate, he has grown so much since we last saw him. What a cutie. The jumper is gorgeous too! Do I recognise those socks :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I should really comment on the knitting. It is very nice but my gosh that boy is adorable. (Must have good looking parents).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Llama's jumper is really lovely, was it a top down as your stripes are so well matched at the front and sleeve seams. The little llama is absolutely gorgeous, what a handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh he is such a cutie posing in his new sweater. What knitter wouldnt love a baby who cannot resist wool or handknitted items. I could never get my son to wear woollens, he used to rip them off straight away or sit there pulling at them that they itched him so I gave up and dont really knit him anything anymore (his 16 now and still complains that wool is itchy, even the lovely soft stuff)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts